Friday, July 23, 2010

A Promise


We were driving with a car load of kids the other day and for some reason Jackson was up front with me while Leighton and Kennedy were in the back of the van. Kennedy was pinching Leighton and teasing him so Jackson threw an empty water bottle at her in an attempt to get her to stop. She continued so Jackson took off his flip flop and went to chuck it at her. I stopped him mid air and told him that it wasn't his problem and to stay out of it. He then proceeded to pull me close (as I'm driving) and whispered in my ear that "he made a promise that he would always protect his brother. He never wants to lose him. Having a twin brother is the greatest thing ever. I would protect him even if it meant risking my own life." They are pure through and through and I am grateful each day to be their mom.

7 comments:

Kristine said...

that is just the sweetest thing. almost makes me cry.

Colette said...

Having a twin is like having a built in body guard... :)

Laci said...

I have seen that with my younger twin sisters too. It really is the truth and you ARE so lucky to have them. What a blessing!

ME said...

That is awesome!!

Rylee said...

completely teary eyed. no joke. love those boys. i've had the pleasure of being pulled in close for a secret from jackson too. :)

vvjenks said...

When I looked at this picture of Kennedy and the twins, my heart was filled with tenderness--my eyes with tears--and my memory relived of the special years watching them grow!!

Shannon said...

I am crying—dang it!