Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Crompton's

(MacKenzie, Carter, Caden, Joni, Bruce, and Jacee)

We love this family! Eric always says the beautiful people live at the beach but I beg to differ. The Crompton's are a beautiful family and they live in the desert.

For the past two and half years, this family has invited one of the boys to sit with them during sacrament meeting. They come prepared with Lego's, stickers, paper and always a hot wheel car for them to take home. This has been our saving grace. Unfortunately, Eric works on Sundays so church can be challenging by myself.

Two and half years ago, I would just skip sacrament and show up for primary (my calling was the secretary in the primary). I just couldn't handle the circus we created. My anxiety was at an all time high. Joni must have sensed this and offered to take one of the twins for sacrament and it worked wonders. Boston wasn't about to be left out so he joined in on the action too. Now, sacrament is something the boys all look forward to. I use Carter and Caden all the time to get Boston to comb his hair different or wear a yellow shirt, claiming that Carter and Caden's favorite color is yellow. It works every time.

We had them over for dinner a couple Sunday's ago and initiated them with Eric's Mexican cooking. I think they went home full and happy. They brought dessert which is pictured on the table above. It is a pazooki (spelling?) - a big cookie, not quite cooked all the way, with ice cream, caramel and chocolate sauce. You eat it family style and it was yummy!

We are forever grateful to the Crompton's for their friendship and love!

4 comments:

Laci said...

One of the coolest Vegas families for sure! And yes....they are ALL beautiful! Looks like a great time too....

vvjenks said...

I remember praying for someone to help you out on Sundays. Thanks to the Cromptons--prayers are answered!

The Rich Family said...

I sure miss that family as well....oh this makes me miss Vegas...

Ali said...

Caden is a really nice kid. He and Kyle were in the same class one year and after that, he never failed to say "Hello" to Abbie or invite her to walk around the JAWS track with him. He was always extra kind to her.