Friday, June 4, 2010

Flag Ceremony

What an appropriate way to celebrate Memorial Day - with a flag raising ceremony! The boy's scout leader is on top of things and taught them how to properly treat the flag and raise it. We said the pledge of allegiance and sang the National Anthem. I don't think they fully get what it's all about but they are on their way. It was a special little ceremony where a few tears were shed, not just me.

Zane's dad picked him up and helped him attach the top. They all wanted to raise it.

I didn't help them get dressed and when we arrived at he church, I commented to my friend Christine, that Jackson looked like he'd been out drinking all night. His shirt was buttoned all skiwampus and tucked half hazardly, and his zipper was down. He asked me to do up his pants while he sucked in. We got things straightened out for this picture but I should've just let him be. He's practically perfect in every way!

1 comment:

vvjenks said...

Aren't those two scouts in the last picture about the cutest boys ever??