Saturday, June 5, 2010

Boot Camp

What a fun month it has been! Friday we completed 4 weeks of boot camp by climbing a mountain. We made it to the very top and signed a t-shirt to show we were there. It was not an easy task but well worth it. To celebrate we all went out to breakfast. We were going to go to the Coffee Cup in Boulder City but ran short on time. Einstein Bagel's did the job and I'm sure was a bit healthier than the French toast I would've ordered at the Coffee Cup.

Pictured above (left to right): Kristine Lynn, Rylee Hadlock, Alisha Dunlavy, Valene Harris, me, and Jenny Salter.

Now that it's heating up around here, my exercise routine will take me back to the gym. I think I'll try Pilate's. Boot Camp was definitely a change from the running I had been doing. Unfortunately, while at the pool today Leighton told me I had "chunks on the back of my legs" so I'm not sure what is really working. I decided I better lay in the sun some more because tan chunks have to look better than white chunks.

3 comments:

Colette said...

I just totally laughed out loud! You guys are inspiring!

Rylee said...

whatever! do you see your legs in that picture? skinny minny... and i was behind you the majority of that hike..i never saw any "chunks"!!

vvjenks said...

Chunks are just imaginary--I will always remember you telling me that fat bodies looks better tanned than white--Guess what, I need a tan.

I appreciate the energy it takes to do what you do. Keep it up.