
The twins turned
8 years old Sunday but we celebrated last Wednesday because grandparents were in town and dear friends were going to be out of town on their actual birthday - March 21.

We sent this out to friends and family who aren't in our ward and who live out of town. I'm sure the day will be a special one. It's hard to believe they are old enough to be baptized. I can still picture them in their little blessing outfits with their monogram on a little front pocket to tell them apart. My mom sewed their little outfits and made hats to match. Now I hope they have baptism clothes that fit! We might have to custom make those too.

They love the spotlight! Here they are at primary Sunday hamming it up while everyone sang happy birthday to them.

The "surprise" party was thrown together last minute as you can tell from the generic cake and plates. The boys still didn't know why people were over at our house until I got the cake out. They enjoyed every minute of the surprise and didn't disappoint.

The
Beckstead's went to the toy store and found the
ooey and
gooeyest (is that a word?) gifts to make sure the boys loved them. Science experiments and disgusting projects were a hit!

This was Jackson' favorite gift. He has been anticipating scouts since he was
kindergarten. I tried the shirt on at the scout office and decided if it fit me then it would fit them. Sure enough - it fits! Leighton's favorite gift was his scriptures from Grandpa and Grandma
Bateman. They had his name on them along with a hymn book. I love that the boys were excited about these things.

Just wanted to document who was at the party. As I look back at my pictures, I always enjoy seeing who was there. James, Bret, Chris, Ethan, Kerstin, and
Jenice.

Brad, Kari and Pam.

Grandma and Grandpa
Bateman
Michael, the teenager.

This picture is classic. Marissa is almost 16. She used to babysit the boys. They really do love her. Actually they love life and everyone in it (for the most part).
Happy Birthday Jackson and Leighton! We love you!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday to "the boys"!! Hard to believe they are eight! Don't know why, but your post made me realize that I really will have to do the scout thing someday! Oh my, that's one thing I am SOOO not ready for :) Hope life is grand for the Bateman fam!!xoxo
Happy Birthday (late) to Jackson and Leighton. What cute boys! Eight really is great and so are all the rest of the years!
We're glad you had a great time--Hope to see you in about 3 weeks.
Love to all
Happy Birthday, boys!! :)
Love the pictures! Wish we were closer to do these things with you guys! Happy Birthday Jackson and Leighton!
I also remember their blessing like it was yesterday! They really are sweet, loveable boys! Hey, I also loved the chairs in your family room. I havne't seen those!
Happy Birthday boys! I like your chairs too. Did you tell me about them?
Post a Comment