While driving to wrestling I took the "What would Jesus do" approach and he started in on a full proper prayer. He asked to "please help Ana not call me a nimskull (I know the correct spelling is "numskull" but that's how he said it) and be mean to me." He was very sincere and hopeful.
Well, the next day didn't go too hot. He told me how he drew a picture of Mt. Charleston with Ana falling down the mountain and getting hurt. She in return crossed herself out of the picture and put Jackson there.
That evening Jackson came home without his backpack. I asked him where it was and he was dumbfounded. He figured he forgot it. On the same day, his lunch box was missing from his class bucket so he had to eat school lunch. I was in Jackson's classroom the next day at school and the consensus was that someone was taking things that didn't belong to them and hiding them. Someone had spotted a Transformers backpack by the garbage and Jackson's lunch showed up in the kindergarten bucket. A sweet little friend in Jackson's class did some investigating and found out who the culprit was. Turned out to be Ana. The teacher was informed and must have had a talk with her because Jackson hasn't complained since. I guess his prayers really were answered.
4 comments:
ok this just breaks my heart. the fact that he said a prayer might be the sweetest thing i've ever heard. i hope that ana stops for good. or maybe ERIC should show up to class for the day, that might scare her off! :)
People assume boys are always the meanies but I think it is quickly overlooked how much torture they endure (oftentimes without tattling) before they retaliate - then get the meanie label. I feel for the kid. Mean girls suck.
Prayer always works!! Maybe you were the answer!!
Love you Jackson
Luke called a girl at school a bitch because she kept tormenting him. Of course the duty teacher busted him. I told him she liked him and that helped. It sounds like this Ana girl isn't very nice. I'm glad it worked out.
Post a Comment