Saturday, December 5, 2009

'Tis the Season

For Wrestling Tournaments!

The boys finished 2nd and 3rd out of 7 kids in their bracket. They've never had that many kids in their weight class so they each got to wrestle 4 times. And in the end, they had to wrestle each other. People watching were cracking up, telling me I needed to post it on You Tube. The referee was so confused who was who. Jackson kept doing illegal things like pinching and scratching and I'm sure had it not been so comical, the referee would've made him forfeit.

How would you like your weight, permanently marked on your arm? At first Jackson weighed in at 106, then he took off his clothes (to reveal he was wearing 2 pairs of underwear with the top pair on backwards, just in case) and weighed 103.

For the first time ever, Leighton weighed more than Jackson - 104 lbs. Their weight bracket was listed as "200 lbs." So if you weighed between 100 and 200, you were grouped together. Maybe I should've put on a singlet and showed what I'm made of. Now that's You Tube material.

I'm thinking this is Leighton pinning his guy.

I think this is Jackson dominating his guy. They look so much alike I can't tell from these pictures. Wrestling now takes over our life for the next couple months. Every Saturday we could go to one if I choose. The question is how much can I handle? Only time will tell.

5 comments:

Laci said...

Please post more wrestling pictures soon.....Brian and I need good laughs. I don't know, something about those two and wrestling makes me giggle. You just don't seem like the wrestling mom, but hey, you gotta keep 'em busy!! I am sure they are little studs out there!! And yes, singlet for you please! :)

Ali said...

That is possibly the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Can't beat a second grader in a wrestling outfit.

The Rich Family said...

I love laughing out loud by myself. It makes me feel healthy!!! I can't wait to see more wrestling pictures, but most of all your commentary!!!

Shannon said...

Classic. So funny!!!

vvjenks said...

Way to go Batemans!! Why don't people think you look like a wrestling Mom??

Jackson and Leighton look like great wrestlers. Keep up the good work boys. Grandpa would be proud of his wrestlilng grandsons.