Yesterday Leighton came to me with red eyes telling me something was stuck in his nose and that it really hurt. I asked him what was up there and he insisted he didn't know. We got out the flash light and investigated but couldn't find anything. A couple hours went by and he came running into me excited with the "piece of trash" in hand that came out his nose when he sneezed. He was so relieved! A foil candy wrapper doesn't break down very easy so he's lucky it came back out.
This incident reminded me of all the interesting or funny things my kids have stuck up their noses or swallowed:
- a soda can tab (embedded in Jackson's upper part of his nose, barely visible with a flash light)
- a green St. Patrick's day necklace noodle (Jackson got written up at Montessori for this)
- a wood chip from the playground (Jackson again)
- a quarter was swallowed never to be seen again (Kennedy at 3 years). Because it went down with such ease, we hesitated to go to the er but the doctor said better safe than sorry. Sure enough in the x-ray we saw a quarter working it's way through her body. We never found it after weeks of searching . . .
4 comments:
Never a dull moment, huh?
Noses...and ears! Why can't they keep the stuff out? Do they just need to see if it will fit...then, dang...it's gone? Kids, they crack me up!
I vividly remember the quarter incident, I even think I may have had to do some searching for it while I babysat. :)
Just think, you still have Boston to go... who knows what kind of fun things he'll put up his nose?
I hope you are writing these funny events down in a book so they can read about themselves when they are older!!
Mom & Dad
Post a Comment