This past week upon returning from Kennedy's soccer practice, the twins told me I should go to the Olympics and do gymnastics because, "you have a flat body." I guess Eric told the boys that he wasn't in the Olympics because his tummy was too big. The twins are hoping to some day go the Olympics in wrestling, although they haven't even started yet. Now that's vision!
Boston has developed quite the vocabulary. Unfortunately most of it revolves around the word stupid. There's a song on the radio by Taylor Swift that talks about "that stupid old pick- truck" (totally red-neck) and each time it comes on the radio he picks right up on it. I try to change the channel before it gets to that part but he knows. He doesn't miss a beat. He's by far our most challenging child believe it or not.
On another note, I drive 20 miles to go to my favorite McDonald's. It has an exercise play area including basketball, dance revolution, bikes, a track, and a climbing structure. Check out how well Jackson fits on the bike. He resorted to pedaling with his hands. Leighton is doing the dance pad and Boston of course is shooting baskets. He loves any kind of sport. Look at his form. We're hoping he takes care of us in retirement.

I can't forget Kennedy. Her new obsession is pot stickers. She's learned how to cook them and wanted to show off her skills.
This blog has alleviated some of my guilt as a mom because I'm now keeping a journal and scrap booking all at the same time. I just wish I would've figured it out earlier.



5 comments:
I get so excited to see you've posted something new. I know I'll be laughing and smiling the whole way through! Kids really are so "in your face" and truthful. It's the best. Hey, this McD's must be a newfound secret since I've moved. I would've driven there too, looks way fun. So glad you're enjoying bloggin'!! I LOVE it for the same reasons you mentioned because well, you know how crafty I am.....
This was so funny to read. I love how kids think, and are so to-the-point. I hope my kids call me flat someday! =) And that is great form. Sounds like you have a bunch of little athletes on your hands!
Okay Allyson! You are so "on top" of your blog... i am unmotivated as of late! Where did you get your background? I love it! Sounds like you and the kids have been very busy!
xoxonikandfam
I wish my kids thought I was fit enough for the olympics! They ask things like, are you going to have another baby? Ugh! I've got to get on that! I looked at Kennedy's blog. Too cute!!! When's she going to post again? Maybe the first day of school? And. . if we come visit you will you take us to that McD's?
Ha Ha. If only we could all have "flat" bodies. Cracks me up!
Post a Comment