Tuesday, August 23, 2016

SCHOOL is in Session


I cannot believe school has already started again!  Summer went way too quick.  Maybe that's the same thing I said last year and the year before?  Probably not the year before that:)

We held our annual appetizer party for the 5th straight year and dined on an array of appetizers.  Kennedy made her yummy Danish layer cake (see above) and boy was it yummy.  It was the centerpiece for the day.  







The Thompson's, Davis' and our new neighbors the Palitz's joined in on the chaos like pros.  Our house is very loud (maybe it's the wood floors?) and takes a strong, patient person to deal with it.  We hung out for a couple hours and chatted while the boys played hide and seek and football with balloons in the house.  It was too hot outside to play out there.  As crazy and loud as it was, everyone seemed to have a good time and left full and happy:)




Mr. Boston is a big bad 5th grader this year with Mrs. Gomersall, Mrs. Correll and Mrs. Mitchell as his teachers.  So far so good.


Jackson is a freshmen and loving football and seems to be holding his own with his studies.


Leighton is also a freshmen and is rockin the more defined hair cut and beats to his own drum.


Kennedy is a senior and I can't hardly believe it.  She took cap 'n gown pictures the other day and says she's ready to move on to college. We are filling out college and scholarship applications and she's considering applying to BYU, Stanford, and Harvard to name a few.  We told her our money will pay for BYU but I think she just wants to see if she can get into the others.  She reaches for the stars with her studies and is pretty self contained.  I hope she takes the time to enjoy her last year in high school and has some fun.

I wanted to go back to bed the day everyone went back to school but I was too busy!  Gone are the lazy Target days wandering aimlessly through the aisles.  Cookies, cookies, and more cookies are taking over. Time to do some prioritizing.  Sleep sounds so much better:)

No comments: