One of my favorite things about the South is that an open prayer before a game is the norm not the exception. Christ really is the center and all these boys have an understanding of that.
Boston's team worked hard and earned a spot to play at the Select World Series Baseball Tournament. These tournaments occur all over the U.S. but we live about 8 hours from Gulf Shores and our coaches decided this was the best location for us. Plus it's a great vacation spot for families. The Philbrick's invited Boston and I to stay with them as they rented a 3 bedroom condo at the Wharf and didn't need all the space. It worked well for us because Eric only came for the last 3 days. We had a fabulous time! There was a water park on site and we spent most days there when we weren't playing baseball. The kids had fun playing together and the adults relaxed beach side sipping on drinks. We ate out as a team a couple times and got together one evening at the beach to dig for crabs and roast s'mores. It was really was the best of both worlds. Boston's team played really well the first day and then had a hard go of it after that. The team that they beat the first day 13-2 ended up winning the whole thing. Baseball is crazy like that. You take it day by by. In the end the boys, siblings and adults relaxed and had fun and learned more about life and this game we call BASEBALL! I really love the game and enjoy watching Boston play and mature with it.
Eric promised Boston a mountain dew and took it up a notch and brought it on ice.
Doing a little yoga or something...
Icing his pitching arm while eating dinner with Coach Havens, his pitching coach. He played professional baseball and is an uncle to one of Boston's teammates.
Some how I ended up with a professional camera and unfortunately I don't have any of this pictures as I took them with someone elses camera and getting them is harder than it sounds. I am sure they are fabulous pictures (lol, I've never even used a camera like that so they're probably all blurry).
Nic's dad brought his PlayStation so the boys were hooked up at all times.
Eric and Kevin trying to keep cool. It was SOOOO hot!
Hope and Nancy Philbrick
Friendswood .45s 10U














No comments:
Post a Comment