Wednesday, July 9, 2014

1217 Peregrine Drive Partial Before and After

I keep waiting for things to be "just right" before I post but know that a home is always a work in progress.  Even though we aren't finished with the master bath and furnishing much of the house this is the stage we're at.  It's starting to feel like home.


In the beginning...


After - not much has changed except greener grass and potted plants.  I have been closely observing shutter colors in the neighborhood trying to decide what paint color I like best and have come to the conclusion that I them the color they are.  That type of news doesn't break Eric's heart or his bank.







We (we meaning Eric) have pretty much gutted the place.  Carpets, wall paper, blinds, tile, curtains, light fixtures, outlets, paint, a wall, and some cabinets.  Eric put it all on the back patio until he could take it do the dump.  This is a small glimpse of the rubbish.


Eric sent me this picture one day after he left the demolition.  He put in an honest days work although he didn't get paid for it.


Entry looking into formal dining before



Formal dining before



Formal dining after - I am on the prowl for upholstered nail head chairs to anchor the table but for now, this will do.


Formal living before


Formal living after.  We haven't put this room together because we can't decide what to do with it.  Maybe a den/music room/guest room?  Eric wants a place for his big signs and I am afraid this room is not the place.


Family room before



Family room after




Built ins going in


Eat in Kitchen before


During demo


Building it back up






Eat in after.  A big thanks to my sister Ashley for her design skills and helping us work out the best configuration for the kitchen.


Kitchen before



Kitchen after








Hollywood style bathroom before 


We took out the linen closet and added a third toilet.  Three toilets are the minimum this household needs.


Hollywood bathroom after - connects at two hallways


Shower/tub and toilet that sits between the two vanities




Thanks to my mom and her amazing sewing skills, we were able to keep this ottoman (too much brown going on with it) by making a slip cover.  It's genius and she whipped it up in nothing flat.  She also made the beautiful banquet seat cushion in the kitchen.  It's reversible and washable.  It was definitely a labor of love.  Have I mentioned how much I love my mom?:)



Banquet without seat cushion


Finishing touch with cushion

Hopefully the next post will include before and afters of the master bath and bedrooms. We are getting quotes for a pool but don't anticipate one of those any time soon.  

A few specifics regarding materials we used, the whole house is painted "Worldly Grey" by Sherwin Williams and the cupboards are "Dove White" by Benjamin Moore.  We used some of the existing cupboards in the kitchen but replaced all the door and drawer fronts, put glass in the top back wall cabinets, built a new island, built new cupboards where the cook top and fridge are and brought the counter down from bar height at the kitchen peninsula.  We also built the banquet and added drawers for storage.  Lowes was our best friend with this remodel.  Eric and I spent many a late nights comparing notes, him in Texas me in Utah.  Our friend, Laura also spent many hours letting contractors in and running errands when Eric had to travel.

I love to sit at the banquet and take it all in.  The kitchen turned out better than I imagined and Eric spared no expense to make it happen.  I picked the granite out from a picture on my iphone that Eric sent.  In the end, I trusted him and his interior design skills.  He has a pretty good eye.

Now I just have to practice patience to get the rest finished.  So grateful to have come this far and be sitting at my computer blogging about it:)

5 comments:

Tahnee said...

Taylor and I are so excited for you! So much hard work but wow, amazing! How fun for your family! Love you guys

Colette said...

Oh wow!!! Beautiful, Allyson!! I think we need to fly "Little E" out here to help "Big E" demo my kitchen!! LOVE IT!!

Laci said...

I love it!!! I'd expect nothing less from you two though! It's just perfectly Bateman style.....with a touch of grandma Jenks! :) So glad things are starting to come together. Sounds like the kids are thriving and adjusting great. Thanks for blogging. Seeing pictures and reading about your family always makes me smile!!! xoxo

vvjenks said...

The whole home is such a beautiful transformation. Love all your energy and ideas. I loved spending a week putting things together. Now all you have to do is make it home!! Love you all. I also love reading comments from your friends that seem like my friends!!

Rylee said...

Love both of your new posts! I want to come visit Texas! The picture (in the previous post) of Jackson flexing has me rolling. You guys are my favorite!