well then we should fit right in!
After we got back from Eric's 40th birthday celebration in Florida, he had numerous emails from his work, inviting him to interview for a new position (in Texas) within his company. We decided what the hey! He can go interview and see what comes of it. What came of it was an immediate job offer! They wanted to know his decision by the super bowl. His exisiting boss also offered a promotion to the Los Angeles area (living in the same area Eric graduated from high school, Camarillo, CA). The crazy thing is that we were trying to find a house/land to buy in Utah to make things permanent. Ha ha. Permanent. The only permanent we've experienced since getting married are markers and staying married:) But I wouldn't change a thing. I quite like all this spontaneity. We weighed out all the pros and cons of Texas, California and Utah and there were two deciding factors - (1) With Texas Eric would be home almost every night and (2) growth. There you have it.
Eric started Tuesday February 18 and the kids and I are planning to move out at the end of the school year. Of course, that time frame is subject to change at any given moment. All I've heard about Texas is that "you're going to love it" so I plan on falling in love with Texas. We have narrowed our search down to a town called Friendswood (south and east of Houston) and the home search has begun. I will fly out in March for a home buying trip but other than that Eric will come home every couple weekends until we all make the move.
The kids have handled it all like champs. Leighton is excited to "network with the engineers of NASA," we had Jackson at "barbecue," Boston immediately pointed out that Texas is flat and doesn't have mountains which means tornadoes, and after the initial shock wore off, Kennedy is up for the adventure. This Utah move has been especially good for her and her social confidence.
Amongst all the chaos, I remembered to take a few pictures and capture what February has given us.
The Wallis' hosted a fabulous Superbowl party where the Seattle Seahawks finally won! I have been a fan my whole life. I was a little sad for Peyton Manning but he handled the loss like the class act that he is.
Boston broke out his football uniform he wore when he was 3 and Eric even squeezed his noggin in the helmet to see if he still had it. He almost had to sleep in it.
The host's with the most.
Shannon and Dave even joined in on the fun.
Eric manned the barbecue and made yummy turkey sliders, sausage and mac n cheese.
Melinda's friend Merilee and her husband Jack and their two little girls also partied with us.
Christian spent most of the time on his phone. He could've cared less about the game. Would you look at that spread! We actually had too much food if that's possible.
Ella did 1000 jumping jacks! She was moving at warp speed. The basement kept the girls occupied (and Boston occasionally) during the game.
Kennedy and her friend, Makayla (sweetest friend) have a goal to do baptisms in a different temple every month. Kennedy is on such a great path and I am happy for the decisions she's making. She's so much further along than I was at 15. Thank heavens.
My fortune. Do you think this is a hint?
We retired our mattress that has seen way too many nights. If you've ever had to be part of moving this bugger, you're doing a happy dance right now.
Boston decorated this cake for the Blue and Gold banquet all by himself (well almost:) He's following in his brother's footsteps with his zest for scouts.
The end.
Valentine's Day didn't escape us this year. Boston had a baseball tournament in St. George the same day so the boys brought their treats and boxes in on Thursday to be sure they didn't miss out. They made their own boxes and they show their different levels of creativity.
This was Boston's first official club baseball tournament with his new team - Vortex. It's a U-9 team with Boston as one of the youngest. I have to remind myself all the time that he's only 8 years old. He's more mature than a few 11 year olds around here:) He did a great job pitching and playing first base and is working on his hitting. There is so much to learn with baseball. It seems simple but the swinging of a bat involves many nuances. Throwing the ball is an art and then pitching takes it all up to a new level. He loves baseball and is up for the challenge.
The progression of Jackson eating a corn dog... His first love.
Since we were so close to Henderson, we drove to see Eric's parents and spend a night with them. Eric and Kennedy made this beautiful Danish layer cake for my birthday.
Kennedy and her friend, Makayla (sweetest friend) have a goal to do baptisms in a different temple every month. Kennedy is on such a great path and I am happy for the decisions she's making. She's so much further along than I was at 15. Thank heavens.
My fortune. Do you think this is a hint?
We retired our mattress that has seen way too many nights. If you've ever had to be part of moving this bugger, you're doing a happy dance right now.
Boston decorated this cake for the Blue and Gold banquet all by himself (well almost:) He's following in his brother's footsteps with his zest for scouts.
Boston wrote a little story for an assignment and wanted to really play the part. We ordered this pig ensemble from Amazon and all took turns breathing through it. Boston presented to his class today and he really "hammed" it up.
The Three Little Pigs Go to New York
by Boston Bateman
Once there were three little pigs - Bob, John and Taco. They wanted to go to New York City. And so they did.
When they got there, they got pick pocketed. So they said, “Who cares? We won’t even call the cops.”
Then they went to a food place and the guy that works there said, “Get out!” Then he stole their diamond necklace. The pigs said, “Who cares?” Then they went to their hotel and went to bed.
The next morning, Bob, John, and Taco went to the New York Yankees baseball game. Taco was hungry and asked for a corn dog and when the guy came back it was a hot dog. The worker told the pigs he didn’t know what a corn dog was. Taco said, “I’ll show you.” So he jumped over the counter and stuck the hot dog on a stick and stuck it in the batter and then stuck it in the fryer. After it was done, Taco took a bite and said, “Now, this is a corn dog!” and then dipped it in ketchup.
Babe Ruth then showed up and told the pigs they could be on the Yankees. Bob, John and Taco screamed and were famous ever after.
Valentine's Day didn't escape us this year. Boston had a baseball tournament in St. George the same day so the boys brought their treats and boxes in on Thursday to be sure they didn't miss out. They made their own boxes and they show their different levels of creativity.
This was Boston's first official club baseball tournament with his new team - Vortex. It's a U-9 team with Boston as one of the youngest. I have to remind myself all the time that he's only 8 years old. He's more mature than a few 11 year olds around here:) He did a great job pitching and playing first base and is working on his hitting. There is so much to learn with baseball. It seems simple but the swinging of a bat involves many nuances. Throwing the ball is an art and then pitching takes it all up to a new level. He loves baseball and is up for the challenge.
I love the game of baseball and would prefer to watch the game. The twins wanted to eat the whole time and Eric couldn't sit still. Boston played 4 games in two days at about 3 hours a pop (with warm up) which meant lots of snacking and bugging me.
The progression of Jackson eating a corn dog... His first love.
I kind of slacked with the picture taking over President's Day weekend (baseball tournament). My aunt Pam offered to let us stay in her second home in St. George and we went to dinner with her and my cousin Jake and his wife Kambria and baby Liam. Eric also cooked us a nice meal at Pam's house where Shannon and Dave joined as well. Shannon and Dave have a vacation townhouse in St. George and were down for the weekend.
Since we were so close to Henderson, we drove to see Eric's parents and spend a night with them. Eric and Kennedy made this beautiful Danish layer cake for my birthday.
Enjoyed a little breakfast at Einstein's with special friends. #hendersonisbestplacetomakeandkeepfriends
Dined at the Great Greek with Tom & Sonia, aka Mom and Dad Bateman and Eric, Kennedy and Boston.
The twins helped Zane celebrate his 12th birthday and hung out all morning. Zane is their best friend.
We kicked Eric to the curb at the Las Vegas airport where he headed out for Houston to start this next chapter in our life.
Boston begged to see Zak before we left town. They were adorable hugging each other.
Wonderful friends here in Utah took me to lunch at Dear Lizzie in Highland to "celebrate life" as I like to call it. Had such a fun time visiting. I cherish friends.
I am sure these next couple months are going to be challenging with Eric traveling back and forth and making decisions but we are geared up. Excited to see new places and make even more friends:)



























4 comments:
I was wondering when I'd read it and be even more sad.....but so very excited for you and your family. Texas is the luckiest to be gaining the Bateman family. I pray you'll keep up with the blogging if for no one else but me ;) I love watching your family evolve and live life to the fullest!!! xoxo
So excited for your new adventure! Good luck with all the moving fun, I am in it deep, as we speak! SO glad you keep up...Life has been crazy and my blog has had to take a break through all the crazy fun! I almost didn't recognize Kennedy and her beautiful long hair! Love all the photos! Miss you guys and our visits! Look out Texas...
Never a dull moment!! That's what I love the most about you guys - you seize each day, each opportunity and in the process your family grows closer. Many adventures await you in Texas - I love that you love it already! Love you!!
The "Bob's mad cow" box is killing me! Can't wait to hear all about Texas, you guys are the best!
Post a Comment