I sent this email to family and friends back in November asking for their help...
Please help Eric ride off into his 40s in style! I would like to SURPRISE him with a personal message from you in the form of a picture or video. You can make it funny, sentimental, crazy, etc. Just send me a digital image of you (and your family) attached to this email. I know it may seem a little early to be doing this (December 28 is his big day) but with the holidays coming up, I don’t want it to get lost in the shuffle. I will be making a video of all the images and present it to him on his birthday. I will post the video on my blog once it’s complete and the surprise is revealed, so you can view it.
Eric is a very sentimental guy so he will cherish something like this. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or input to make it even better. Please be sure to email only me at: allyannbateman@gmail.com, as we want to keep this a secret. December 1 (2013) is the date I would like everything submitted by. You can call me at 702.354.9647 if need be but please don’t send a text because Eric occasionally looks at my phone.
Thanks for all your help!
Love ~ Allyson (his wife)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And everyone delivered! Thank you so much for the contributions big or small. Eric shed a few tears and laughed his way through it. Kennedy came through big time and created the movie, spending many hours choosing the right music and editing. She's a talented young lady.
We are headed to the Florida Keys in a few weeks to really celebrate. Matt and Nedra Cox along with Brad and Pam are joining us to party. The guys are renting Harley's and riding in the Keys while the ladies will most likely be following behind in our rented mini van (we are big time). We will stop and eat along the way, enjoy the sights and soak up the sun. One thing's for sure, we will have lots of fun and laughs. The Fatbacks Motorcycle Club leaves no stone unturned:)
Just click on the link and make sure you're in a comfy place because it's about 45 minutes long. Kennedy wanted to make sure all the pertinent pictures were included. The movie is a bit fuzzy but you'll get the picture. Enjoy!
Eric's 40th Birthday Movie
Below are the still pictures submitted along with messages.
Happy 40th Eric from the Hannum's!
Happy Birthday Eric!
We love you!
~Mom and Dad~
Happy Birthday Daddio!
I love you!
Love Kennedy
Happy Birthday Eric!
~Love Brad and Pam~
Steve Smart
Love, Emily and Christian
Happy Birthday Uncle Eric from Becky and Family!
Happy Birthday Eric!
~Love, Jodi, Matt, Hunter, Hudson and Beau~
Happy Birthday Uncle Eric!
~Love, Daniel and Maria~
Happy Birthday from Koch and Scow!
Just click on the link and make sure you're in a comfy place because it's about 45 minutes long. Kennedy wanted to make sure all the pertinent pictures were included. The movie is a bit fuzzy but you'll get the picture. Enjoy!
Eric's 40th Birthday Movie
Below are the still pictures submitted along with messages.
I am sure that you already know this but I think the world of Eric. He has a larger than life attitude and more than just the physical element. He has a heart of gold and would do anything for you and your family. Laura and I feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know your family and however brief that was we enjoy keeping up with all of your adventures as we look at your blog. What a treasure you have in the memories and moments captured there. For a few months now I have wanted to make a sort music video of some of my favorites from your blog and email that to Eric. Was not thinking of his birthday at the time but more just because I think of Eric as a great friend.
~Paul and Laura Thompson~
(Paul also made an amazing video but I can't seem to get it to fit or work on here.)
(Paul also made an amazing video but I can't seem to get it to fit or work on here.)
Eric,
Thanks for always being there for me. Here's to many more years wheeling and dealing!
Brad
40 years old is hard to believe. It seems like only a couple years ago when Jen and I got hitched. You give great advice in wedding videos that will hold true for a lifetime!! We hope you really enjoy your 40th and we look forward to making more memories for years to come.
Happy Birthday and We love you guys!!
Brandon and Jen
One of Tony's favorite Eric memories:
The first time I met Eric I went with my mom to the airport... I couldn't believe how big he was! He's always got something exciting cooking up, a man who keeps it interesting and entertaining!
Thanks for some great memeories and good laughs!
Love Tony & Alli
Happy Birthday Eric!
~John & Family~
Happy Birthday from your dream gal:) For more this lovely lady, watch the video...
Happy Birthday Eric! Love, Hunter
Happy Birthday!
~Love Paul, Julie and Haley~
Happy Birthday Eric! Just wanted to share a little something with you....
I remember the day I met you. And I remember the few days leading up to the day I met you.
I had been warned. Not warned about something bad, just wanted. "Eric is a big guy. He has a loud voice. He'll talk to you about things." Things?? What could that mean?
At this point, Kameron and I were not married. But I was coming to meet the family. All of them. All those Mormons. And me. At Christmas. (Remember the Christmas when you took the family photo at Duane's? And Shannon was preganant with Luke? Yeah, that Christmas) I think it was even Christmas day that Kameron brought me over. I'm going to be honest, I was terrified.
"Are you ready?" Kameron asked in the car as we pulled up to the house.
"Uh, no." I replied.
Kameron opened the door to the house and I was overwhelmed with the sound of kids and laughing. And then it went silent as I came in. I think Ashley was the first to say hello and that was a relief. Someone I knew.
Everyone scooted around on the couches to make room, but wouldn't you know the only open spot was right next to Eric. There was a hard pinch on back from Kameron to sit. So I did. Right next to Eric.
All I was thinking was how small I felt sitting next to him. Then he turned toward me, introduced himself, and asked, "So Christine, what do you think about the church?"
And there it was. The million dollar question. And he led off with it. So subtle. The room went silent. I think someone even snorted in disbelief. Eric's voice is as big as he is, and I was totally mortified by the question. And with everyone staring in shock, I think the only thing I could muster was "I don't know". But what I was thinking was, "Nice to meet you too, a-hole. Thanks for buttering me up first." I can't remember where the conversation about the church went after that. I was too busy being embarrassed. Eric just sat there, smiling and laughing.
Everyone relaxed after a while and I was so grateful the topic finally changed. Eric never moved from that spot next to me and we did discuss the church some. And I did finally realize he was (kinda) just messing with me.
What I remember most is when I got up to leave. Eric stood up to say goodbye and grabbed me into a hug that only a man of his size can pull off. A hug that engulfs you. One that makes you feel safe and warm. And loved. That's the only way I can describe it. Loved.
I hope you have a great birthday!
I'm grateful to have you in my life and hope to see you more often since you're closer!!
Christine
Happy Birthday from Mom and Dad Jenks!
We love you!
Happy 40th Eric from the Hannum's!
Happy Birthday Eric!
We love you!
~Mom and Dad~
Happy Birthday Daddio!
I love you!
Love Kennedy
Happy Birthday Eric!
~Love Brad and Pam~
Happy Birthday from the Blomquist Bunch!
Happy 40th Eric!!!!! Thanks for the memories! Looking forward to 40 more!
~Love Mike and Marie and Family~
All the best to my “Little Buddy” Eric on his birthday! The only person who has ever been able to get me to eat Indian food. My wife says he must rank pretty high in my book to have accomplished that!
Love, Emily and Christian
Here is a lifetime of great memories all wrapped up in 3 photos. Wow just looking at Big Bate I can laugh, cry and get excited all at the same time. Great person and awesome friend.
Nate
Happy Birthday Uncle Eric from Becky and Family!
Happy Birthday from Irene and Family!
Happy Birthday Eric!!! We can’t believe you’re really THAT old!!! We consider it an honor to call you our friend. And, it’s been our privilege to watch your family grow and succeed in life…..in all capacities. From your great sense of humor, to your AMAZING salsa……we are grateful to be a small part of your life. Hope your 40th year is as rich and full as those before……You are one of a kind!!!!
With love,
The McCune Family
Happy Birthday Eric!
~Love, Jodi, Matt, Hunter, Hudson and Beau~
Happy Birthday Uncle Eric!
~Love, Daniel and Maria~
Happy Birthday from Koch and Scow!
Happy Birthday from your biggest fans!
We love you!
Boston, Jackson and Leighton
Happy Birthday to my dream guy!
40 looks good on you. Cheers to the next 40!
I love you.









.jpg)

















2 comments:
Happy 40th to my favorite birthday twin!! I'm so sorry we missed the birthday video - these days I'm lucky to remember pants when I leave the house! Happy Bday from us!!
Isn't 40 great - just a little closer to traveling more!!!
Post a Comment