Friday, August 2, 2013

July went a little something like this...


We celebrated the 4th with the Corvino's and Mauriello's and Eric's new mini fro.  Too bad I didn't get a picture of the actual celebrations.


The Russell family took us out on their boat at Lake Mead.


The twins and Eric went to scout camp at Camp Arrowhead.  They left on Saturday and by Monday Eric called me and said it already felt like a week.  There were lots of spiders and an unfortunate rattle snake (Eric and Craig Smart chopped its head off) but the boys earned 7 merit badges and are well on their way to getting their Eagle.


Zane is one of their favorite friends.



 Boston lost a few more teeth and made $5 because the tooth fairy failed to show up for the 1st one.  While shopping at Old Navy, he came across these white shorts and had to have them.  The only pair was in California. I told him I wasn't paying $5 to have them shipped.  Desperate for the shorts, he immediately put on his thinking cap and volunteered to use the $5 from the tooth fairy.  The shorts arrived a couple days later and he looks mighty fine in them.



Boston and Angelo had sleepovers and slept under a fort.


The twins had a slumber party of their own and greeted me with these moustaches the next morning.  They said they were Hitler and a Mexican man.




Boston dawned his vintage Yankee shirt he bought while thrift shopping in San Francisco.  It is from the 70s and he couldn't be more proud of it.


We found ourselves back in Utah and enjoyed a beautiful sabbath with Mike and Melinda and family.


Eric treated us all to crepes for dessert.


Boston loved hanging out with Hogan and Christian.


Melinda and I played a little laser tag with the kids.


Boston tore it up bowling.


We brought Kennedy to BYU volleyball camp where she did not know her roommate or really anyone for that matter.  She ended up having a great time and venturing out of her comfort zone.





While in Utah Leighton re purposed a beach towel with a hole in it as a Mexican blanket.  So resourceful.  We went all out and treated Melinda to Taco Time for her 40th birthday.


Boston tried out Lucky's and couldn't stop talking about it.


 Took Ella and Sara to Target for their very, very belated birthday gifts.  When I walked into Shannon's house, Sara asked me, "When are you going to give me a birthday gift?"  I told her we would  be taking a trip to Target right away.


I met Aunt Pam at Union Grill in Ogden for a quick bite to eat.  I love my Aunt Pam.


Rarely do the mom's stop for a photo.  Shannon and  I always get asked if we're sisters.  Well, that's because we are.  She's one of my best friends.


We HAD to dine at Chick fila.   It's delish!


I got a 5 layer face peel.  Aren't I pretty?  I am still recovering.


Eric bought this 1971 Chevy Nova and it greeted me in my parking spot when I returned home from Utah. The boys love it.  It's for sale:)


The twins grew a little taller than Brad.


Eric turned into that guy from Fast n Loud that always says "bad a**."


Oh and one little detail, we are moving to Utah and this is the house we will be renting starting Monday, August 5.  One day very soon, we hope to buy a piece of land and build a house.  More to come...  

6 comments:

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

I like that last little, oh by the way!!! So excited for you to be closer to family though!!! But gosh just a tiny busy with packing and moving to another state! Love the house, I miss your family, they are all getting to be so grown up! Congrats and good luck these next couple of weeks with unpacking, school and life!

Laci said...

Love the update and am SOOOOOO happy about that last teeny little detail. It's been so fun to be "in" on the transition. All I can say is, "FINALLY!!!!!" Yipee!

vvjenks said...

It makes me tired to keep up with you guys!! Always something new and interesting going on - We really liked the Henderson people we have met, but Cedar Hills is about 6 hours closer to us so we cannot complain!! Good luck in your new adventure -

Colette said...

Fun , awesome adventure you guys are on!! Congrats on the move, now we can go to lunch when I pop into town. Yay!!!!

Rylee said...

You have such an amazing life and family. Can't wait to hear how the twins shock all the little Mormon kids in Utah. I have a feeling this blog will get better and better with your new move!

mmbateman said...

I'm exhausted! You guys are so great. Glad you will be a little closer--I'm sure we will see you more. In fact we will be in Utah for a very short stay end of August. Life is so fast paced...its crazy!