Friday, March 1, 2013

The celebration continues...


The good thing about having a surprise party the day before your birthday is that you get to continue the party on your actual birthday.  Before my mom, Shannon and Ashley headed out, they joined us in Boulder City for breakfast.  It was a gorgeous February day so we were able to dine outside.


Shannon is a bit of a pack rat and was wrapping up the extra toast for her ride home.  She does stuff like this quite frequently.  She's an organized hoarder :)


After breakfast, we packed our bags and headed for San Diego.  That was my original plan for the birthday weekend.  The kids had Monday and Tuesday off so it made sense.  We always stop in Baker, CA, at this little convenience store and Eric buys these tickets.  We had a winner in the car...


Leighton was $10.  The card only cost $1 which meant that was a great start to our weekend.


Dinner at the Fish Hut in Carlsbad was the kid's choice.  I was happy to oblige.


Jackson has been dreaming of Weinersnitzel for a couple months and couldn't wait to bite into his corn dog.  Ironic that we're at the Fish Hut for a corn dog.  Leighton chose shrimp and ate every last morsel.


Happy Birthday to me.


Eric had to work Monday in Los Angeles (if you call going to the Jay Leno show and bowling work).  The kids and I spent the day at Sea World.  We had a wonderful time!  The weather was a bit chilly making the lines short for the water rides.  We were able to ride over and over without any wait.


I wasn't fond of getting wet and was hoping this would cover things but of course water went down the back of me.


Can we say freaky eyes?!








I was wearing Boston's jacket backwards because I was freezing!  I bought one of the refillable cups early in the day and it was money well spent.  The tickets we purchased are good for all year so we will definitely be coming back to Sea World.


Tuesday we were supposed to head to the beach but a winter storm came through.  We headed out and stopped at Freddy's in Victorville.  Pretty good but not as good as In-n-Out.


The boys have been dying to stop at Alien Jerky in Baker.  I can't believe there is a whole store and landmark dedicated to an alien.  Dumb and dumber.


These caricatures were the boy's souvenirs from Sea World.  Boston is a pretty cute girl.


We finished the evening with my free Grimaldi's birthday pizza. 


Boston made this card and the rest of the crew signed it.  I especially like the part about his cheeks (jeeks).



This picture sums it all up - happy family, happy life. My 40th year brings me to a wonderful place and feel blessed to be here.


3 comments:

kim huish said...

I've always wondered about that Alien Jerky place!!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sounds like you had a great day, you deserve it!

Laci said...

I will dream of having a celebration like that at 40...but won't hold my breath ;) So glad you got spoiled over and over. That last picture is pure perfection. Blessed you are!

vvjenks said...

Beautiful family, beautiful woman!