Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Card 2012


Keeping with tradition, I post our Christmas card on the blog to make sure I have record of it. We had originally planned to poke our heads out the door for a "quick" picture but we soon discovered we were too big to make it happen.  Bummer.  At any rate, everyone cooperated and we got a couple descent pictures.  We did a color and black n white to mix it up.  

 
Greetings Family & Friends!

I don’t know about you, but it seems like this past year has flown by!  I think someone is speeding up time. Just a thought...Speaking of, here are some deep thoughts from our neck of the woods...

Boston (7) has taken to noticing ALL girls.  He comments on them frequently.  There was a commercial on TV for a Barbara Streisand concert coming to town.  He saw her on screen and said, "She's hot!"  I asked, "Her?"  He nodded his head in a very mischievous way and said it again, "She's hot!"  I am concerned, very concerned.

One busy afternoon I was doing the dishes and I expressed my need for a maid.  Leighton (10) was sitting at the kitchen table doing homework and said, "You don't want a maid.  That's bad publicity to have a maid."  Curious, I asked why.  He then went on to tell me that people wouldn't like me because they would think I was spoiled.  Hmm... something to think about.

While driving to school the other day I looked back to see Jackson (10) digging for gold.  I reminded him how well he had been doing to kick that habit.  His response, “It’s just so comforting.”  I gently reminded him that socially this is not okay.  “Just one more time mom...” was his plea and he was serious.  If only... He’s also serious about the Mayan calendar being created just to scare us.  That’s his theory and he just might be on to something.

We were in Utah over the Thanksgiving holiday driving around and Kennedy (almost 14) noticed that lots of stores were closed.  She chimed in, “I don’t think I could live in a place where stores are closed on Thursdays.”  The day was Thanksgiving.  It’s a rare occasion to catch Kennedy off her game so I had to take advantage of it. 

Eric spent the year deep in the mines of Northern Nevada and down under in Australia.  He earned his scuba diving certificate in Cozumel and took us all on an RV trip to Santa Barbara, CA, not soon to be forgotten. Good times.

We moved again this year, no big deal. We are pros at it.  think I might actually like it.  Deep affirmations here... Although I really wouldn’t mind the bad publicity from a maid, I have managed to handle the duties myself, along with a part time job (that I really enjoy) and everything else that being a full time mom and wife entail.  I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Our hearts are full with gratitude and thanksgiving for the life we’re able to live.  We are blessed with wonderful friends and family and wish you a Happy Holiday Season!

Much love ~ Eric, Allyson, Kennedy, Jackson, Leighton & Boston




These pictures of the kids make me happy and sad all at the same time.  They are growing up, up, up!  Must cherish each day.  Hope you do too!

2 comments:

Colette said...

Merry Christmas!!! :)

Laci said...

Loved it! And, it's really true.....we're the old ladies now complaining that life is passing by too fast. Good and bad.....but so blessed all around! Merry Christmas!!