Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Welcome Visitors


My sister Jodi and her family came to visit from about 7 pm last Saturday night until 9 pm Monday night.  Jodi got off work (she's a nurse) at 1:30 am Saturday and they drove through the night and day. They said the drive wasn't that bad.  May have something to do with the age of their children, Hunter (almost 18), Hudson (15), and Beau (almost 13), can manage themselves now and don't do much whining or complaining.


Jodi and the kids came to church with us.  Hudson and Beau jumped right up when asked if they could help pass the sacrament.  I was impressed.  Jodi said they weren't about to say no to Eric.


Hunter wanted a pictures with "her boys."  Don't mind Leighton's flip flops.  His toe incident happened the day before.


We kept things pretty simple with swimming, shopping, watching the Olympics, going to a movie and eating.  They just wanted to relax.  I felt bad because it's hard to really relax around my kids although Uncle Matt is probably the biggest rough-houser of the group.


Of course we had to take them to the Chicken Shack.  I think we've built it up to be something great so they may have been a little disappointed.




We all went to different movies at the same time.  The twins, Boston and I went to Diary of a Wimpy Kid; Jodi, Hunter and Kennedy went to Step It Up; and Matt, Hudson and Beau went to Total Recall.  I think I was the only one who would've rather seen something else.  I know I look like a dork here but like the fact that we're laughing. 

Too bad they couldn't stay longer but we were their first stop along the way.  They headed to Utah for the rest of their vacation where anxious cousins awaited them.  I told Kennedy we had to share them and she didn't like that idea.  She has been planning for their visit since May and didn't get to do half of what she wanted to experience with Hunter.  At any rate, thanks for driving all day and night to spend time with us Mauseth's!

No comments: