Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Alone Time

It's a good thing.  Sometimes it's hard to arrange for it, but it's needed.  After leaving our children with "the village," I headed down to Los Angeles to meet up with Eric Friday night as he had been there all week for a work conference.  We also had some business to attend to in Santa Barbara so we made a great weekend out of it.


We rented beach cruisers and rode all over Santa Barbara and Montecito.  Eric loves this house so he wanted a picture in front it.  He has simple taste.  Too bad Santa Barbara doesn't have a simple price tag.


We picked up lunch at a deli in Montecito and rode down to the beach and set up our picnic on the ledge of the beach wall with the Biltmore Hotel behind us (we are sitting on their property for the picture).  We took our shoes off and ate the most delicious sandwich and Mediterranean salad.  It's crazy how good something can be in the right setting.  There is something so soothing about the ocean and it's waves.  I could've sat there all day and I wasn't even worried about getting a tan.


We also rode out to the pier and absorbed all the "fishy" air.  That is a smell I can do without. 

I highly recommend alone time for couples, even though it's hard to schedule.  We had such a fun, relaxing time and appreciate all our friends and family that watched our kids, gave them rides, and fed them.  We are blessed!

3 comments:

Colette said...

Awesome... we could all use a little more of that! :)

Laci said...

Amen! I know it's coming someday soon....like 5 years from now!! But, in the meantime, I quite enjoy reading about your little get-aways.....especially to my hometown!! You should stop by my parents sometime and grab cookies!!! My heart always skips a beat when I see pictures of that beautiful place!!! Glad you are at that "season" in your life.....enjoy!!

Rylee said...

Eric is melting away! You both look great! Fun trip!