New job, car, weight, shoe size, different house, maturity.
Superman (Boston Massachusetts Bateman [how he introduced himself to a friend], 6) is convinced that when the weather changes to thundering and lightning it’s because Mother Nature is mad at her husband for passing gas (I filtered). Some things never change. He told his dad if he needed any advice about girls, to see him.
Guido (Jackson, 9) was asked by a kid (probably his age) at the orthodontist the other day, “Can I play the video game, SIR?” Not only has he grown in size, but concern. He is constantly asking me, “Mom, are you okay?” He has the softest cheeks and heart.
The Ghost buster (Leighton, 9) informed me that “flabby is good for linemen because if they fall down it protects their bones.” He also suggested that maybe I should “use a different tactic with Kennedy instead of yelling at her.” These kids are wise beyond their years.
Helga (Kennedy, almost a teen) has blossomed in so many ways, but especially in wearing a size 11 shoe. It must be that Viking stock. At any given moment, you will find her humming away - reading, showering, fixing her hair, eating, studying, playing volleyball - you name it, she’s humming which is a sign of a happy person. So, the yelling I spoke of earlier (Leighton‘s advice), must be far and few between.
Elastigirl (moi) did some “stretching” by wearing that costume! I managed to total the family van in February right after we moved and became unemployed. Have no fear, Mr. Incredible (Eric) is here. After a short hiatus, he secured a great job and even has weekends off! He has also shed 40 pounds and is looking better than ever (I’m biased).
As we celebrate this season and look forward to the new year, our hearts are full with gratitude and optimism for all we’ve been blessed with.
Merry Christmas! Happy 2012!
Much love to all our family & friends
Superman (Boston Massachusetts Bateman [how he introduced himself to a friend], 6) is convinced that when the weather changes to thundering and lightning it’s because Mother Nature is mad at her husband for passing gas (I filtered). Some things never change. He told his dad if he needed any advice about girls, to see him.
Guido (Jackson, 9) was asked by a kid (probably his age) at the orthodontist the other day, “Can I play the video game, SIR?” Not only has he grown in size, but concern. He is constantly asking me, “Mom, are you okay?” He has the softest cheeks and heart.
The Ghost buster (Leighton, 9) informed me that “flabby is good for linemen because if they fall down it protects their bones.” He also suggested that maybe I should “use a different tactic with Kennedy instead of yelling at her.” These kids are wise beyond their years.
Helga (Kennedy, almost a teen) has blossomed in so many ways, but especially in wearing a size 11 shoe. It must be that Viking stock. At any given moment, you will find her humming away - reading, showering, fixing her hair, eating, studying, playing volleyball - you name it, she’s humming which is a sign of a happy person. So, the yelling I spoke of earlier (Leighton‘s advice), must be far and few between.
Elastigirl (moi) did some “stretching” by wearing that costume! I managed to total the family van in February right after we moved and became unemployed. Have no fear, Mr. Incredible (Eric) is here. After a short hiatus, he secured a great job and even has weekends off! He has also shed 40 pounds and is looking better than ever (I’m biased).
As we celebrate this season and look forward to the new year, our hearts are full with gratitude and optimism for all we’ve been blessed with.
Merry Christmas! Happy 2012!
Much love to all our family & friends

No comments:
Post a Comment