Tuesday, September 20, 2011

6th Birthday



Boston turned 6 today although he was telling everyone he was 6 1/2.  We had a party at the park yesterday to celebrate.  His one request: No Girls!  Oh and, his brothers weren't allowed to talk to his friends during the party.  Fat chance.  He picked out an LA Laker's pinata, a baseball cake, football plates and a baseball balloon.  He wanted all the sports covered.  He is pictured above with his teacher.  Boston has suddenly become a Chicago Bears fan because it's Mr. Rosensteel's favorite team.


I love this little neighborhood park.  It's the perfect setting for an afternoon kid's party.  The 99 degree day was annoying but the kids didn't care.


These two made themselves a tag that said, "Staff."  They were supposed to be my big helpers but ended up in tears when Boston told them to stop talking to his friends and punched one of them.  They just wanted to help.


 Grandpa and Grandma Bateman joined in on the fun with Kennedy as "The Chief." She put together a fun scavenger hunt and helped set things up.  If you give her a task, she sees it through times ten!  At times, I had to remind her who the real chief was (not sure it was me or Boston).  I often imagine how our family would come across on reality t.v. and it scares me.  High energy all the way around.


Kennedy giving them instructions on the scavenger hunt.  Little boys are so easy to entertain.


Boston loves all the attention! He was in prime birthday form.


Boston permitted Olive to participate because those big brown eyes are hard to resist. 


Peyton was too scared to participate but Ryder jumped right in. 



The pinata made it through one round of hitting then it just dropped to the ground without breaking open.  The top gave way.  I just dumped the candy and ran.  It's very dangerous to be in the middle of kids and candy from a pinata.


Ryder inspired the twins to remove their shirts but I think once their shirts came off, the rest of the boys didn't want to compete with that.


We played Red Rover- Red Rover, Green Light-Red Light, Hide-n-seek and tossed the ball through the hula hoop.  By the time the party was over, I sent home very sweaty boys.


Boston loved all the presents.  He's quite animated and usually made the giver feel like their gift was the best yet.



We gave him a pitching machine and a net to hit or throw the ball into.  Him and Angelo are die hard baseball players and took turns pitching to each other between arguing about who's turn it was to hit.  


Angelo gave Boston a pillow pet (something he's been wanting for years) and this is how I found him just minutes ago -  passed out, snuggling with his pillow.  I can only imagine what he's dreaming.  He's growing up and there's nothing I can do about it but enjoy the ride.  I am holding on tight.

5 comments:

Ali said...

I think all the girls came home from school informing their mom's that it was Boston's birthday (he is a hit) but that girls were NOT invited to the party. Ruby and Abbie had quite a discussion about it on the walk home.

But they would have just chased all the boys and that's no fun...except for maybe the twins. Then maybe everyone would have been happy.

Laci said...

I can remember how tiny he was when I first saw him as a newborn. Not anymore! At that time in our lives, you were deciding if I was cool enough to be part of your "friend club." I think I made it...and am so honored!! Happy Birthday Boston!

vvjenks said...

Boston looks like an 8 year old surrounded by 6 year olds - except family!! Looks like a great birthday to me - Hope being 6 is the best for Boston!

Colette said...

Happy Birthday, Boston! Wish Tommy could have celebrated with you - you two are growing up TOO fast! :)

mmbateman said...

All your kids are looking so grown up and it makes me sad! Those twins are looking like teenagers almost! Glad you are enjoying the journey :)