Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sock Hop

A very big event the kids look forward to every year. They even enjoy getting into character. Eric put his artistic skills to use and gave Jackson & Boston a tattoo. Leighton didn't want anything to do with it. He says, he never wants one. Thank goodness!
Now that Kennedy is in Jr. high, she hung out with me against the wall (most of the time). Boston's sock hop was last week and he tore up the floor there but didn't leave my side at this one. He pretended he was shy.

The twins almost won the costume contest. I'm pretty sure it was the "twin thing" that kept them in the running. And Jackson kissing his guns every now and then.

This duo won the twist dance contest! It was a very proud moment.

Kennedy's BFF showed up as well. I made the twins jump in the picture and they were like, "who is this?" I am disappointed that I even succumbed to a picture but it was just too random to pass up.

And a major miracle occurred, I took one for the team and danced the Electric Slide. Eric forced me to do it "for the kids." I felt so old.

A fun time was had by all!

5 comments:

ME said...

Is Kennedy's BFF Paris Hilton? ;). Looks just like her.

Colette said...

Fun picks... not sure which I like best - you doing the slide or the kiddos with Paris. Classic memory! :)

vvjenks said...

It seems as if you are always doing something fun with the family--good for you and good for them. It all keeps me laughing!!

allyson said...

Melanie - yes that really is Paris. I guess the guy she's dating has a daughter that goes to Bartlett and so they came to the sock hop.

kim huish said...

I'm dying over Paris Hilton. I had to read your comment to be sure that really was her. So crazy.