Friday, March 11, 2011

In Memory

She's been very good to us. The longest we've ever owned a vehicle and she had lots more to give. Unfortunately, I was looking up at the camera over the stop light and didn't notice the car in front of me. I did my best to slam on the brakes but my best wasn't good enough at that point. The grandma with her 3 teenage granddaughters in the mini van in front of me were luckily just fine (a little emotional). Her van had some bumper and muffler damage but she was able to drive off. Boston was in the middle row passenger seat as I had just picked him up from school and was headed to pick the twins up from their school. He was crying his head off because he thought I was going to be arrested. No arrest was made. Just a hefty citation for "following too closely."

Today, we got the news that our car is not worth fixing so it will be totaled out. We were planning on getting a new car in a year or so but as I've said before, things don't always go as planned. Our hope is to get another Toyota Sienna. Jackson wants it to be black. Sounds good to me. This is when insurance makes lots of sense and you are grateful you have it.

The good news is that this is the third incident in our life: first was the move/home sale, second the job loss and now the totaled vehicle. They say things happen in 3's so we can rest easy now. Ha, ha! If only that's how it worked?! No really the good news is that everyone is healthy, no injuries - just a few wrinkles added to the collection.

6 comments:

Laci said...

I probably seemed insensitive yesterday when I heard......so sorry!! I was just hoping to keep it light :) Car issues are the worst...hope you guys get what you want soon. AND, SOOO glad you are safe and unharmed. Did you actually get whacked with the airbag???? Good luck!!

vvjenks said...

I assume you weren't hurt. Sorry that you had an accident, but glad no one was hurt. Keep up the good attitude - a bad one doesn't make things better.

We will be in touch.

Ali said...

Daisy says she hopes you don't get a stinky smelly rental like we did. All the best best rental vibes are being sent from our house to yours.....

tonyandalli said...

Scary! Things like that always shake me up and make me feel really edgy for a few days. So glad you guys are okay!

Kerstin said...

So sorry Ally. I hope you'll be "back in black" with a Sienna soon.

Adrienne said...

If it's any small comfort, I also rear-ended someone last week. It happens to even the best of drivers, and I do consider myself the BEST of drivers :)