Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pig Hunting

Eric never ceases to amaze me with his versatility. He went to San Antonio, Texas, with a buddy, Jerry Reynolds, to hunt for wild pigs. He said it was FREEZING cold but a true experience. On one evening, they used a pack of dogs to chase the pigs down then only a knife to finish the job. Very barbaric.

He came across water buffalo and

this "thing." Looks like a deer but maybe not?

I hardly recognize this redneck side of him. On the day he was coming home he texted me with the most atrocious spelling and using odd words. I asked him if it was really him doing the texting and he said, "that's what 3 days of being a redneck will do to you." I think I prefer the more refined Eric (well, as refined as this household can be).

4 comments:

Laci said...

I think Eric's fear of moving to Utah is because he will become 100% mountain man. C'mon....we get school off for these kinds of events!! And yes, the wild dogs and knives is a bit disturbing to think about.....oh well, sounds like he's made for it!

Colette said...

When I saw "Pig Hunting" as your post title... I didn't REALLY think it was exactly that. Funny! Eric is a man of many talents. :)

mmbateman said...

Eric is AMAZING! The most interesting complex individual I know and always ready for an adventure. So glad he is our brother/uncle!

tonyandalli said...

Congrats to your sweet boys. Gage starts scouts this year! I'm pretty sure he is gonna love it!
P.S. I think that's a cow elk. I'm not sure...