Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Singing

(This was not a posed picture. Purely natural.)

These three were asked by Brad and Pam to sing for Sean's mission homecoming sacrament meeting and they surprisingly said sure! They did a fabulous job - staying on pitch and even doing a little head-bobbing to I Hope They Call Me on a Mission. They also sang two whole verses of When I Am Baptized.

Before they went up to sing, my mom sent this note down the pew:


And Jackson responded with the above message. I will transcribe his part that may be confusing:
Thank you for coming here. Oh and thanks. I'll enjoy that Sonic snack. Thank you. Mmmm!


I love the part where he told them they were so sweet! Grandpa and Grandma Bateman were also there, with tears streaming down their cheeks. Eric snuck in as well to hear the boys sing and listen to Sean's talk. I must say my heart was full with happiness and thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Rylee said...

i enlarged the picture...big mistake i can actually see the stream of one of twins! hahahaa. they are precious boys. the primary felt very privileged when they came and sang the song for us too!

Colette said...

What a cute note and a great idea to put it on the blog so you have it forever! :)

PS - I saw the stream too!

vvjenks said...

What a pleasure to hear them and to share some special time with all of you. I hope the boys keep up singing in public--it is a confidence booster and we love it!!

Laci said...

What a neat day for you! Isn't it great to have those heart-bursting with pride days every once in a while :) You deserve it. You're a great mom!!

Sean and Bethany said...

i love it. your boys are the best! :) this post made me happy. excited to see the fam for christmas!