Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

We were blessed to have Byron (Eric's brother) & Amy and their 6 girls, Eric's parents, and Tony (a friend from Eric's work) with us for Thanksgiving dinner. Eric covered all the basics and then some with his gourmet spread. It was delicious and well planned.

I got up at 5:20 this morning for with jog with my friend Nikki and her family. It was a great way to start the day. Eric played in the 2nd annual Turkey Bowl for our ward (he played quarterback?) while the kids and I enjoyed Holiday Outreach at their school. It's a great event where the kids and adults can walk/run the track, baked goods are sold, and donations are made for those in need. It's a wonderful tradition that makes me feel like we really do belong to a community.

As I type this, Eric is watching a football game, Kennedy and her cousin Meeka are cooking, the twins are making a video with my camera, and Boston is passed out in his bed. It doesn't get any better than this!

3 comments:

vvjenks said...

What a neat Thanksgiving Day. We do have lots to be thankful for. I'm thankful for each of you!!

Colette said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Looks like you had a great day... we sure missed seeing everyone at the Turkey Run! What a fun tradition that was. :)

Laci said...

Wish I could've tagged along with you and Nikki this morn. Not fun to run alone when you're just starting out again after the baby. Oh well, at least we're in StGeorge where it's a tad warmer :) Sounds like you had a great day!! Grateful to call you my friend! :)