Saturday night Eric and I went to get Boston a birthday gift and grab a bite to eat. We were sitting at Pei Wei around 8:30 when Kennedy calls on my cell phone.
"Mom! Come home now! There's somebody at the door and they keep knocking!" I can hear screaming and gnashing of teeth in the back ground.
"Stay calm. I will call Ray next door and ask him to come over and check things out." I tell her.
I call Ray and ask if he wouldn't mind going to our house and seeing what's going on. He keeps me on the phone and tells me there is someone at my door and once he gets closer tells me it's a policeman.
My first thought is that Boston has called 911. He has memorized my cell phone and calls me every 5 minutes and even calls me when I'm home, on the home phone! He's out of control with making phone calls.
Ray gets Kennedy to open the door and the noise is out of control, especially when the kids see a policeman. Keep in mind that I am still on Ray's phone listening to everything. Ray keeps telling the kids everything is okay and to calm down. Mass pandemonium! Ray gives his phone to the officer.
"Hello mam. This is Officer Matthews with the Henderson Police Department. Is everything okay? he asks.
"Yes, I'm afraid my 4 year old has called 911. He's just learning how to use the phone and was instructed on what to do in case of an emergency. I am so sorry." I explain.
"Well, there was so much noise coming from your home and because no one was answering the door, I was just about ready to kick the door in." he explains.
"I am so sorry, sir. They were just scared because we've told them not to answer the door." I plead.
We finish our conversation and I thank Ray for coming over and hang up the phone.
I look at Eric and and tell him to remain calm. I will handle the disciplining of this one. We call Boston and tell him to head straight to his room. He is in big trouble. We will be right home.
We get home and Kennedy tells us a few more details. Boston had called 911 on his brothers who weren't being nice to him, although he just hung up after someone answered. Someone is dispatched automatically in this case. Jackson was in the bathroom when the first knock came at the door and he was so scared he came running out of the bathroom with his pants around his ankles, freaking out, yelling and panicking. The environment exploded from there and imaginations ran wild.
I can only imagine how many 911 calls are placed by children learning to use the phone. They don't take them lightly though and have to respond, just in case. Good thing this time because I think it taught Boston a valuable lesson. Only call 911 when there's a real emergency! Like when your mom appears to be insane.
5 comments:
Oh my goodness... never a dull moment!
I thought this post was going to be about 9/11...so much funnier (though not for you I suppose). Having boys just isn't easy. Come to my house around homework time any day of the week and you will go home feeling great.
Wow, I mean wow... Can I just say I LoVe reading your posts! Ahh if only we still lived there...I am still chuckling...My day is coming...
Oh I needed a laugh today!!! I would've paid money to be the cop just so I could see the craziness at your house. Love your kids. They make everything seems ok.....and when I read the story to Brian he died laughing too!
That is really funny. I am hoping our 911 calls are over.
Post a Comment