Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

Easter this year was very laid back. We colored eggs Saturday night with Grandma Bateman and made rolls that were symbolic of the Savior and the atonement. The kids woke up late to find their Easter baskets and we turned on conference and enjoyed a delicious breakfast Kennedy whipped up from the Food Network (hash brown baskets with egg and maple bacon).

Around noon we ventured over to the the park for an Easter egg hunt where 48 kids surprisingly contained themselves. Each child got a new game to take home due to a very good coupon shopper (not I). They hit the jackpot.




Kennedy with her friends, Carli, Grace and Alex.

A little family shot - we couldn't quite pull it all together but I've given up on perfection. We aren't supposed to be perfect. That would be boring.

4 comments:

Laci said...

Sounds like it was a perfect day. And don't you just love that new line at Target!!? Wish I was the genius that came up with it :)

vvjenks said...

You all look so relaxed--fun day.
Isn't that how Easter should be - relaxed and gratedful for the Savior's sacrifice?

Kim said...

I just saw your comment about you guys doing a half marathon in Salt Lake! Congrats! You guys are probably way faster than me. Hopefully you will post about it so I can see how it went! Hope things are going well- I miss chatting with you!

Colette said...

I love the family pic... and loved your comment about it. Life would be boring if we were all perfect - I'm with ya on that one!