Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Vacation Rewind

Over the desert and through the woods (17 hours to be exact) we arrived at my parents house in Washington. I broke it up over 2 days so it wasn't that bad. All of my siblings (6) and their families were getting together and I sure didn't want to be left out. We had a grand time and just wanted to highlight those memories here.

We rang in the new year celebrating Kennedy's birthday along with all the other family birthdays in December and January.



When we walked into the door Saturday night, Beau (10) was leaving because he had just puked. It went down hill from there. Next was my mom, then Luke, Ella, Sara (pictured above with my sister Shannon), Jackson on Friday night and Jocelyn on Saturday . We left Saturday morning and luckily Jackson only puked once in the car. It was the best smelling puke - straight Diet Pepsi. So far everyone else in our family is fine.

Others were sick in other ways. Ashley's husband, Mark, drank half a bottle of NyQuil and didn't even wake up when his bowels kicked in, 3 times over. And Kameron (my brother) told us over breakfast about his "runs" as well. There was no dignity.

The little cousins created this tea party all on their own. It was nice when they all got along because there were a few punches thrown along with teasing and wedgies that made us question our sanity.

Wrestling didn't happen as often as I anticipated (probably because of the fear of germs spreading) but I caught this pile up.

New Years Eve we went to Justin & Heather's for coconut shrimp, games and karaoke. Kennedy was very comfortable front and center singing with Saleh.

Jackson and Leighton created the biggest laugh with their attempt at "I Love Rock n Roll." They were booed off after 1 minute. Noah sang "Brick House" with Beau and taught us that all you have to say is, "Blah, blah, blah" and you still get points. Kids these days are so smart.

It was pretty cold and dreary most of the time but a couple days it snowed allowing for some sledding. We aren't very prepared for this so the kids only lasted 1/2 an hour or so but had fun while they were at it. This is Launa and Ashley (my sister) giving it a try.

Kennedy just wanted to drive the 4 wheeler. She was as happy as can be.

This was at 2 pm so as you can see it was pretty overcast. This is the home I grew up in (at least the back of it).

Lauren, Launa, and Leighton.

Boston and Jackson

This was a common sight, all the kids standing in front of the t.v.

My parents were good sports and played games with the kids. For some reason, I get ADD when I sit down to play a kid game. They were thrilled someone would play with them.

I enjoyed holding these little babies, Krew and Kate, both 4 months. They are just cousins not twins. Everyone kept asking me if I was baby hungry and my reply was always, "No, I just miss being able to hold a baby." Boston won't even let me hold his hand now.

Nintendo DS's stole the show. Every able aged child had one and were constantly playing them. We would complain as parents about it, but used them to our advantage when we wanted them out of our hair. 22 grand kids under the same room can get out of control! I'm pretty sure my parents were happy to see us come but even happier when we all left. Too bad the power went out the minute we were all gone. The cherry on top of the sundae.


Grandpa playing Bingo with the grand kids and a freaky shot where Kennedy ran in front of the camera. She looks like a ghost. And look at Boston's mound of hair. I know, he's due for a serious haircut.

This was taken Christmas Eve. We are wearing the fun pajamas Mike & Marie sent us (Eric's older brother and wife). They were personalized with our names and matching. The timer took the picture. That's why it's a little skiwampus.

Christmas Eve dinner with the Beckstead's. We are so grateful for their friendship. Everything was just perfect.

I think I've toned things down a little for this post if you can imagine. Probably my favorite thing about the vacation was visiting and reminiscing about life on the sofa or around the table. It was very relaxing that way. We stayed up late laughing, wanting to go to bed but not wanting to miss out with the valuable time we had together. Family is where its at!

2 comments:

Laci said...

I am so impressed that you've got it all posted so quickly. Your holiday seemed very similar to ours. Glad you got to spend time with your family. Looks like you made some great memories. Very fun!

vvjenks said...

Memories are the best after they are over!! It really was fun--exhausting fun!!